Thursday 5 August 2010

Progress


Well, today I found my housing allocation. Room 535, Tec de Monterrey, Place Vanier. Didn't get a room mate as shared rooms were over-subscribed so I'm on my own for an extra $300-ish. Which certainly has it's advantages. Like not disturbing people if I'm on Skype or MSN, and being able to invite people in without it being awkward.

Joined the relevant Facey B groups and found a girl who was selling her bedding. She's agreed to meet me the evening I arrive and sell it to me for $80 or just under £50, which I think is pretty good compared to the prices I saw on various Canadian websites (including the one that UBC recommended for us.) The one UBC said wanted $49.99 for 2 sheets and a pillowacase, plus $64.99 for a comforter. Shaylee (the girl I'm buying them off of) paid $140 for them new so I think it's a pretty good deal. I'm getting a comforter, 3 pillows, 2 sheets and a pillowcase. It's the stuff in the picture. Egg celery ant indeed.

I also found the guy who has room 533. His name is Martin and he comes from Toronto. He's added me on Facey B as well so hopefully we can get to know each other before we arrive! All in all, a fairly successful day on the UBC front, methinks. Rebecca is in Totem Park and Allanah hasn't responded to my message yet so I've no idea where she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment