Thursday 10 March 2011

Herrow :3

It is I. I fail at updating this, it seems. I guess between eating pineapple lumps, trying to book gigs (nearly got one!) and pissing myself laughing at Uncyclopedia, there's no time for blogging!

Not a vast amount has happened in Kiwiland since I last wrote anything. Michelle and I went out for dinner to La Casa Pasta on Monday because neither of us fancied dinner at Vic. House. It cost just over $20 or about £10 as we call it.

On Wednesday we went to see HIStory which is a Michael Jackson tribute show. The tickets were free and the guy was pretty good. Before that I'd gone to an earthquake meeting for international students. It was taken by an Irish woman. She thought I was Irish. Weird accent is weird. Before that I went to my first tutorial/seminar. It was weird and awkward because some gobshite started effing and jeffing at the tutor and I was the only person who seemed to know anything about American politics in the 1890s. And before that I went out for lunch at Molly Malone's with my buddy Steffi and her boyfriend Chris.

At some point I'm going to make a spreadsheet of numbers to be rung if it all turns to custard in Wellington. I'll send that over to the parental unit and hope that they don't lose it. I've decided that I'm heading to Kelburn Park if things go wrong because it's A) Near me B) An open space C) High up and D) Near a civil defence centre.

In other news, Fuji have decided to send me a new camera. They sent one that takes AA batteries but the nice man in the camera shop decided I wouldn't like that so he's sending it back and asking for a lithium battery instead. He reckons I'll end up with a slightly better camera than before. Win? I certainly hope so as next week I'm going to Rotorua! I'm going to visit Hobbiton and a Maori centre on the Friday. Not sure about Saturday but there's a good chance I'll take the gondola up and then luge back down :)

In other other news, I've applied to write for the student newspaper but they fail and haven't gotten back to me. I do, however, have a training session with VBC tomorrow. It's from 2-3pm NZDT, which is 1-2am Friday on GMT and 5-6pm Thursday on PST. Any other timezone, you can work it out yourself.

In further news, I think I've figured out what I'm going to do over Easter. I shall book it in the morrow. It involves Cairns, Brisbane and Sydney. Yay!

Oh, and for those of you who haven't heard, I'm heading to Lincoln in September for Weekend at the Asylum, a steampunk event run by the Victorian Steampunk Society (just Google this.) I may well be an airship pirate.

Oh! And Michelle has invited me to a waffles, booze and stuff night on Saturday. I shall bring my unopened Kiwi cider, see what it's like.

1 comment:

  1. This is a exciting source of knowledge, I am glad to read this article. I am going to be back again soon to see more that you have. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete