Saturday 26 March 2011

Second Lake






Those are some of the photos I took at Rotorua or Second Lake as it's translated into English. I've got a tonne of photos from a certain movie set but I'm not allowed to show you those as I signed a big legal thing saying that I wouldn't. If you really want, I'll take pictures of the things I bought there so you can see those. They are pretty.

After the movie set I went to Te Puia for a tour and a Maori cultural evening. I saw geysers, the haka and a poi dance and I ate a hungi. The next day I did the duck tour and went to the Polynesian Spa which is apparently one of the top ten spas in the world.

Between my panic attack and sitting reading the Wikileaks book, I'm fairly sure I weirded out the other passengers on my flights.

In other news, I'll be back on the radio on Wednesday, 9-11pm Kiwi time. You can listen here if you fancy. I'm unofficially calling my show The Mixtape. The theme for next Wednesday is bands I've seen live. It could be an interesting mix!

I've also applied for my classes for next year. We'll see what I end up on. I also need to fill in my dissertation proposal form. I roughly know what I want to do, I just need to get round to filling in the form.

Finally got round to booking my bus tour for Easter. I can't confirm a seat on the exact date I want until nearer the time but theoretically I'll be leaving at some godawful time on the morning of April 15th and we'll take the interislander and arrive in Picton around lunchtime. I'm flying back from Queenstown on May 1st. It was a choice between paying more money and being very scared on a turboprop or staying on the coach and going through Christchurch. I decided that I feel more uneasy about earthquakes than I do about flying on iffy planes. But then again, I've been on more flights than I've experienced earthquakes. I slept through another one the other night.

I'm going to Reading over the August Bank Holiday and to Lincoln in September. I'm not sure when I'm going back to Norwich. I expect someone will invite me to something up there at some point. Hopefully we can figure out a promising date for my do at The Bicycle Shop that Lauren has offered to organise. Hopefully people will turn up. Lauren has promised to nag Kav, Christina and Tom to come. I may suggest that someone brings a Scrabble board. If nothing else, unless there's something major going on, Inigo will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment