Monday 4 April 2011

Off topic

This post has absolutely sod all to do with my year abroad. Feel free to skip over this, unless you want to read some of my more general rambling.

This evening I had the best idea ever*

*probably not but I say it's still a good one.

Steam punk Doctor Who.

Eh?

Quite.

You'll have to bear with me on this but A) Let's face it, being a scriptwriter for Doctor Who would be a fracking amazing job. B) It's just begging to be done. Not that I've ever written a script before but I have written steampunk before (I have? Yes. I only realised that earlier too, I just didn't know at the time what it was. It involves a half-elf, half-vampire aviatrix named Arienette. Apparently I wrote this in early 2006. This is the kinda shit my 15 year old brain produced.) Although I'm not going to lie, I will probably have more fun inventing the look of the characters rather than writing the script. It's on my to do though.

So is finishing the Arienette story.

And the Le Chat Noir story (see dystopian Britain.)

And my dissertation.

And whatever the hell I submit with my MA application.

Oh, and the mods and rockers reworking of Romeo and Juliet. Again, I suspect the look of the characters will be waaaaaay more fun than the script.

Oh yeah, and figuring out my costumes for Lincoln. Totally going to buy a nerf gun and jazz it up a bit.

This is one of the upsides of having a personality disorder, my mind works in a slightly bizarre way. Great for creative stuff, terrible for interpersonal stuff.

EDIT: I forgot to say, you should totally read the Mortal Engines series. I'd lend them to you (who are you?) but I suck and don't have the first book and the other three will make NO sense without the first. So ja, read them (or at least the first) then combine it with Doctor Who and you'll get where I'm going with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment