Thursday 18 November 2010

I'm forever drinking bubbles

Today has been a fairly relaxed day. We continued watching Antichrist in scan. lit. today and we have about 10 minutes left to watch on Fri. To be fair, our lecturer has warned us before the really nasty crap has happened so if we wanted to look away, we could. I sat and watched it all (I would.) The bit that I thought would weird me out the most actually wasn't the one that did. The girl who I was next to (this is going to sound really bad. She's always really chatty with me but I don't know her name :S) didn't watch the bad parts and still got fairly freaked out. As we were leaving, she asked me if I wanted to get a cookie. I said I had a lesson to go to but she seemed pretty weirded out so I thought I'd better. We ended up getting bubble tea, which turns out to be really nice. After tea and hugs she seemed better so I walked her to her class. As it turns out, mine was cancelled so my little adventure was fine. I think it's always good to stick around with someone when they've seen something a bit fucked up. Hence why I stayed up 'til about 5am talking to Inigo and drinking champagne with him after the bridge incident.

After this, I wandered to student health services where I booked my next appointment and asked them about vaccines. They gave me the number for the travel clinic, so I'll ring them up, make an appointment, and then bankrupt myself. Pretty sure vaccines aren't covered by my insurance, but I'll wave my iMed at them anyhoo. They also sell mosquito nets and repellent. Booyah.

Following this, I went to Staples, where I got myself a new webcam (the other one was spazzing out and killing my laptop), a new usb cable for my MP3 player so I can now transfer music to it again, and some paperclips. On my way home I passed CopySmart who were advertising the fact that they do passport photos. Grr.

Speaking of which, my application made it to the embassy. I had an email from them asking me my immigration status in Canada, how long I was staying, and whether I was going back to the UK before I came to NZ :S Hopefully they'll decide I'm all good and give me a visa and my passport back.

I am meant to be interviewing Henry in a bit for the Vanier Vibe, so I am currently watching youtube videos of Alan Cumming as the emcee in Cabaret. Yum!

Harry Potter tomorrow night at midnight (argh!), Pride on Friday (Martin & I have volunteered to man the drinks table for an hour...this could end badly) and then going to the Canucks game on Sunday. Busy times!

EDIT: I forgot to post this before I went to interview him, so the interview is done. Now to transfer to my laptop, make an article out of it, and the possibly edit out the shit bits and upload it so that people may listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment