Saturday 6 November 2010

Sex with your advisers and other occurrences

It's not what it sounds like. The equity committee (of which I am a member, I've just never gone) puts this on every year. 6 advisers, 3 of either gender, form a panel plus there are a couple of other knowledgeable people ie a nurse and someone from the sexual assault support team for when the advisers can't answer. All through the week a box has been left in the commonsblock for people to leave anonymous questions and these were then asked to the panel. It was funny and educational and I think when I return back to EA I shall try to persuade the powers that be to let me put on something similar, only calling it sex with your classmates (because who actually has anything to do with their resident tutors at UEA?) Any volunteers for the panel?

The most interesting thing I learned last night? The wellness centre in the student union building sells sex toys. Not something I've heard of at unis before lol.

In other news, yesterday I got an email from U. Vic. saying that my application had arrived and they should let me know within a week whether I've got a place.

Today I received an email back from Immigration NZ saying that I did indeed have to apply for a visa before I arrived. Shit. Funnily enough, I REALLY don't want to have to send my passport off in the post in a foreign country.

As of yesterday, I have been here 2 months. As of today, Paige is 21. I'm sure she's having fun in The Mischief right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment