Thursday 9 December 2010

Gassy Jack


Today I aimed to go to the aquarium but got a bit lost, so I went to Gastown instead. Here I saw the steam powered clock and the statue of Gassy Jack. Gastown is named after John 'Gassy Jack' Deighton, an English bloke who ran the first bar in this area and was known for telling long-winded stories.

In other news, I got a response from Immigration NZ saying that they were unable to find my file :S and asked if I could provide an application number if known (no idea what it is, wasn't sent one) or my passport number. It was at this point that I was glad I'd had the common sense to photocopy the info page of my passport. Hopefully the will track it down.

Just had a little look on the UEA housing page as I was bored. The housing list is being released online at 10am on Jan. 18th. It seems a bit early to me, I could've sworn it used to be in Feb. Maybe I'm losing it in my old age. As soon as I post this, I'll get on with creating myself a little 'Fran needs a home' group on Facebook to start sounding people out.

No comments:

Post a Comment