Thursday 16 December 2010

R.I.P. Jake

So, my uPass turned up today and Martin is leaving. But today has mostly been overshadowed by the news that Jake Staines died last night.

For those of you who don't know, he was in the year above me at Chavvy Heath and was part of the music crew. He was an incredibly talented multi-instrumentalist but was best at the piano. Although I didn't see him much after he left the school after his GCSEs, he was always very lovely and funny. The reports I have read on the accident names him but not the female passenger who was seriously injured when the car hit a tree in Brentwood, though I imagine that the passenger was his fiancee Holly Hayden who I also knew from the music crew.

Death is never pleasant but to die so young and at such a happy time of the year is extra sad. This is the second time since I left school that one of my peers has died in a car crash just before Christmas. My thoughts are very much with their families and close friends.

2 comments:

  1. I was Jake's next door neighbour until recently and you are correct in saying he was a lovely talented boy. My thoughts go out to his family at this extremly sad time, R.I.P Jake.
    Debbie, Danny, Ben, Jack and Stephen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Holly Hayden,i was the passenger,who is this? Iv just noticed this comment! Thanks for the well-wishes :-)

    ReplyDelete