Wednesday 8 December 2010

Hey! It's an update!






Hello. I'm back. Here ^^^ are some photos of what I've been up to. As you can see, I have new glasses. I got them on Thursday and whilst I was waiting, I had my hair straightened. I ate my first banana and drank my first cup of green tea.

Friday was the LDOC jungle themed dance (hence why I have leaves drawn on my face.) It was certainly $10 that I could've spent on something better.

Saturday was the formal dinner. Meredith, an RA from SL invited me to sit at her table, which also had Reilly (the Tec 3rd RA) sitting at it.

Sunday I went to Capilano with Rachel, Sandra and Haitham. For reasons unknown, I found it all hilariously funny and thus spent my time on the bridge laughing my head off. As well as the Christmas lights we all saw some bald eagles and a raven. Raven :D I bought myself a pair of native design earrings and a duck finger puppet at the shop.

We'll not talk about Monday.

Today - Tuesday - I had my American poetry exam. I'm pretty sure I failed it. 3 hours, 3 sections, and I still didn't finish it. There was too much to try to remember and my brain completely failed me. I genuinely think I'd have stood more chance with a 4th year chemistry paper. Never before have I been faced with a lit. exam that I couldn't understand. I just sat looking at it thinking 'I have no idea what this is on about, what it's asking me or what I'm even doing here.' I got a B- on the 2nd essay which gives me 2 B+ grades for my presentations, a C+ and a B- for my essays and whatever I get on the exam and my participation mark. Proof that I suck at poetry and that your first degree level poetry should probably not be a 400-level one. I can only hope that I did better in the other poetry class.

Also, I got my first Christmas card. It was from my grandma. More cards are welcome :)

Ok. I've spent the afternoon looking at flickr etc and unfortunately they have tiny upload limits unless you buy a subscription. You'll just have to wait until I come home to see my photos. Well, maybe not. I am going to see if I can put together little slideshow videos and put them on the tube of you.

Also, is it just me or does Julian Assange look like a more sinister version of Simon Yaxley? Judging by the fact that Jess re-tweeted that comment, I'm going to say no.

OH! I've managed to start making little videos for each month. Here is the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment