Saturday 11 December 2010

Social networking

I just deactivated my Twitter and my Facebook. Whilst these sites are meant to help people keep in touch, they have recently been a large contributing factor (I believe) to my general less than chipper feelings. I like you all very much and I'm glad that you're having fun and whatnot. However, seeing pictures and hearing about what I'm missing out on is not conducive to my stability at the moment.

I hope you can understand and respect my decision. You can still find out how I am by reading this or by emailing me, talking to me on Skype, sending me a text or writing me a letter (when I have a permanent address, that is.) None of you have been malicious or have set out to hurt me, this is just how I feel. Perhaps one day you'll find yourself in my situation and will understand why I have done this. Some of you will argue that I should reinstate my accounts as I will have greater access to my friends and family when I am feeling shitty. I argue that there's a tiny minority of people who take the time to see how I am on these sites and make sure I am ok. I suspect that these people will keep in touch with me in other ways. The rest of these sites are filled with political stupidity, ridiculous memes, and second hand accounts of how great my ex's life is. I'm glad that he's happy, I just don't enjoy not being part of that happiness. I hope this makes some sense.

There are some things in life you can change and some you can't. This situation wasn't making me happy so I have changed it.

I would just like to state that there was no single person or event that caused this, more an a accumulation of everything. I will miss Stephen Fry's tweets though.

No comments:

Post a Comment