Monday 3 January 2011

Oh my fuck, she's written an update!






Yes, it's true! I'm updating properly (perhaps minus pics but hey ho, we shall see.) I'm currently writing to you from Montreal (where the question is 'Parlez vous Francais ou Anglais?' and the answer is always 'Anglais.' At least I understand the question!)

Because I suck at updating, I shall be bulletpointing what I did between now and my last proper update.

Vancouver
  • Went to Granville Island. Bought a bag, some luggage tags, a damned nice cuppa and a hammock chair.
  • Went to the aquarium. Saw axolotls! Also stroked some anemones, sea urchins, sea cucumbers and starfish.
  • Went to Canada place and saw the Olypmic Cauldron, as lit by The Great One, Wayne Gretzky aka the king and god of Canada. Look him up, you'll see why.
  • Skated at Robson Square. Then got drunk with some Kiwis.
  • Saw the Ricmond Oval but missed the skating session.
  • Christmas trivia quiz.
  • Lynn Canyon, which was fairly shitty and rainy and almost everything was closed.
The train
  • Not as bad as you'd think it'd be. Saw Mount Robson which is the highest point in the Rockies.
Toronto
  • CN tower. Queued forever and ended up going up in the dark, but everything was lit up which was nice. When to the Skypod.
  • Met Martin for a drink.
  • Went to Niagara Falls (which is pretty much like a British seaside town) froze my arse off, tasted wine. Bought wine.
  • Tim Burton exhibition!
  • Shoe museum!
  • Hockey hall of fame!
  • Spent NYE at Wayne Gretzky's (the restaurant, not his house) and the hostel bar. Got given a glass of Baby Duck :D
  • Everything pretty much shut on new years day so I went to the TIFF lightbox (where the Tim Burton exhibition is - it's Toronto's version of the BFI) and saw The Tempest. It was alright.
  • Got the frak out of there!
Montreal
  • Not much so far. Made peanut noodles for foods. Hostel is very nice. AND guess what?! The bathrooms are individual little lockable rooms with a shower, loo and sink! That's right, for the first since I came over here, there won't be people in the room as I take a shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment