Sunday 9 January 2011

Oh no :(

I will update properly and I will pack properly but right now I should go to bed because I am very sad.

Do you remember last month I wrote about the death of Jake Staines and how I thought the passenger was probably his fiancee Holly, who I also knew?

His funeral was a couple of days ago and in the facebook tribute group I read the following, as written by Holly's dad:

Holly remembered Jake today. We told her what happened. She knows but I don't think she understands yet.


I'm not an expert in such things, by any means, but I can't help feeling that things might've been better if neither of them had survived. They'd been together since they were 13 and been engaged since they were 16. They were a year older than me. You don't have to be a genius to work out that that's a damned long time. I can only hope that Holly will recover ok and will some day be able to love again. I can only point to the case of Czech model Petra Nemcova who lost her fiance during the 2004 Tsunami and is now engaged to somebody else. Apologies for linking to The Daily Fail/The Daily Hate Mail but it was the most reliable source (?!)


No comments:

Post a Comment