Wednesday 23 February 2011

Just to remind you all...


As I'm sure you're probably aware Christchurch, or ChCh as it's known here, got kicked in the balls whilst it was already on the ground. Obviously, in a country this small, a lot of people have been affected by it and there are people in my halls from the area who have friends and family down there. I'm very lucky as I live on the other island but we do still have earthquakes. If you hear of a quake in Wellington, then panic. In the meantime, if you're feeling generous, please donate some money to rescue & rebuilding efforts. I went shopping earlier and plonked my change into a collection box. I wanted to donate blood but I'm not allowed to.

In other news, things seem to be going ok with the whole room share thing although we've not got a lot in common. Michelle's parents have invited me to visit over Easter so once I know what my timetable is like, I'll start planning what I want to do for the break. I might go down to the south island for a week and then stay with her for a week. Michelle's mum's birthday is the day after mine!

There's probably loads of crap I need to update you on but for now, up there is a picture of me on Monday at the beach party at The Big Kumara. I went with some other people from Vic house and the guy next to me is William. I can report that Isaac's cider ($4.50) is quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment