Saturday 5 February 2011

My eyes a camera, my feelings film






It's ok if you don't understand what the title is about because I'm linking you to the explanation. I hope the link is good because I can't check. I'm in the quiet area, see, because one of the girls in my room got into an almighty huff because I was using 'her' socket :S See Fakebook for snarky status on the matter.

I'm in LA. It's not a dirty as people said, although oh my lord, you need to be an expert people dodger to get anywhere. Today I was accosted by beggars (fairly standard on the west coast, it's the weather, see), guys selling tours (I booked myself on one for tomorrow), a bloke selling his EP, a guy dressed as the guy from Scream, people asking me to take their photo for them, and the people from the Church of Scientology. They wanted to know if I wanted a free stress test. I pretended to be deaf and carried on walking. I don't need a stress test, I know I'm stressed, haha.

So far I've wandered up the walk of fame, been to Grauman's Chinese theatre and finally got myself a new handbag. The tour tomorrow is one of those go see the Hollywood sign, see where 'famous' people live, see the shops I can't afford to go into type things. I imagine it'll be cheesy but fun. I should probably try taking the bus tomorrow, the whole hour and a half walk to Hollywood Blvd. is kinda destroying my feet. That and I don't think I've recovered from my last day in San Fran, where I decided to walk to Lombard St. (the winding one) then to Fisherman's Wharf then back again. There's a reason San Fran has lots of trams and things. Anyway, the best way I can describe that walk is to tell you to imagine walking around a crooked house (a la the one in Southend) whilst drunk.

I'm sure there's probably some other crap I should be telling you but I am le tired (it's bloody cold here at night so it takes a while to get to sleep)

No comments:

Post a Comment