Thursday 17 February 2011

Windows Fran needs a new anti-virus

I can't remember if I mentioned before that I've been feeling like shit since Sunday. Anyway, today Jesse (my senior RA who turned 20 yesterday :O ) pretty much told me I was going to student health services because I look so rough. I survived the walk back up the hill, saw a Canadian, and then got charged $63 for the pleasure of being told that I have a virus and there's nothing they can do for me except tell me to take paracetamol and hide in bed. Gah. When I'm more alive, I'll figure out how I can claim this back on the insurance.

ION, I got my bank card today :D

Today was orientation. I haven't met a single Brit yet, and they don't have many partner unis. I'm the only one from UEA and they're also partnered with Leeds, City, RH, Lancaster, and Surrey. There are lots of other Europeans here (particularly Germans) and a shit load of Americans (who I already want to slap in to the next millenium.)

I really hope I'm less dead by the time Michelle arrives (I've also learned that she is 18) otherwise we may have a problem.

Also, a close friend has just gotten some really bad news in their family. Feel a bit useless being so far away at this time :(

No comments:

Post a Comment