Saturday 25 September 2010

Death by Febreze


Sooooo, since my last entry I have been busy. On Wednesday evening I went to the first Vanier Vibe meeting. I need to submit some stuff to them once I've done this and with any luck it may end up in Octobers issue. I have also been made the designated fool in charge of the as yet uncreated Vanier Vibe Twitter. After this, I was persuaded to go down to the Vanier ballroom to watch 'Dissolve', a one woman show about date rape. It was very interesting and after I said 'Hi' and about how it reminded me of how lucky I was back in January. I had my drink spiked at the arts centre in Norwich whilst at a folk gig. I am very sure it was a member of staff as my drink was in the fridge behind the bar with my name on it. I also know why they targeted me. I turned up on my own and went to the bar on my own. They thought I was alone. I wasn't. Jack turned up later after the band practice. He carried me home and all was well. Anyhoo, because I went to 'Dissolve', I got a queue jump for the graffiti night tickets. Which was just was well as they were limited to 100 per night!

So yesterday I went to get my ticket, but before that I went to Dollar Plus and bought myself a purple Sharpie for $1.44 (yay!) My excitement was somewhat killed when I got my ticket and was told I was entitled to a free Sharpie with my ticket because I had queue jump. So I got another, slightly darker, purple one, because purple is the best colour in Vanier. I then went out for the floor meal. I hadn't planned on going but Martin said if I didn't go he wouldn't go and Haitham seemed disappointed because a lot of people dropped out. We took the 99 and eventually arrived at BC Sushi. I ate noodles and tofu and other veggie things, and bought myself a drink and didn't get ID'd. I really enjoyed it and was glad that I went. I think 15 of us went in the end, which wasn't bad. Then I came home, and that was bad. I decided to do my laundry. I got the machine that didn't drain so my clothes were sitting in a pool of navy water that smelled like a cross between fish and sick. I dragged them to another machine and washed them again whilst trying to dry up the floor. After the second wash, they still stank to high heaven so I shoved them in the dryer and ran in the rain to Hubbard's. They didn't have anything to spray my clothes with so I stomped to the university village and found a shop still open and bought some Febreze. I was soaked when I got back but I at least had the means to make my stuff not smell so nasty.

So today I went to see the doctor, I got lost on the way but she was running late so it worked out ok. I'm going back again next Friday as we didn't really come to any solutions. The problem being that they don't want to prescribe me the medication I should be on because they can't keep an eye on me.

I had a hot apple cider today. It was basically hot apple juice. There was no alcohol content :(

Tomorrow is Vanier Olympics and Graffiti Night. I have cider :D although it is cranberry flavoured!

No comments:

Post a Comment