Wednesday 15 September 2010

Last night I dreamt that I was the bassist in Gravedale High...

...and by that I mean that I dreamt that I played bass in Gravedale High, not that I thought I was CJ. Something tells me I have been listening to this far too much. Just to give some context to this, Gravedale High are a band in Norwich whose gigs I went to in my first year at UEA because people I am now friends with are in the band. Then two of them went to Canada and things went on hiatus. Somewhat ironically, I am now in Canada and the two absentee members are back and I've heard rumours that they might be getting back together. I certainly hope so. Interesting things happened at their gigs. Slush Puppy daiquiri machines. Caesar's. KSB.

So after last nights fail fest, I'm much better today. Hubbard's let me use my UBC card to pay for stuff last night and I managed to get hold of a Fido refill voucher (albeit after a slight problem at RBC - my card didn't work in their atm!)

In much more amazing news, I have the internet in my room. I got pissed at waiting for them to fix it so I moved my desk to see what had actually been done. My plug is an absolute mess but my ethernet cable was plugged in. So I plugged it into my laptop and now we have internet. Praise be.

In the bookstore I saw this which makes me sad. I don't think any rubber ducks will kill me. I have a lump of galena (lead ore) on a shelf in my bedroom at home. That'll be the thing that kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment