Wednesday 8 September 2010

Imagine Day

Firstly, sorry to those of you I was talking to on Monday. I dashed off because some friends invited me to go and check out the SUB. That was cool. However, as soon as we got back I suddenly got hit with this amazingly shitty feeling. You guessed it, I have Freshers Flu. Possibly a record quick contraction of it lol. I survived swine flu, I can survive Freshers Flu. Again.

I'm still using the Wifi. Came back today to find a note on my door saying that someone had had a look and they needed to send someone else and they didn't know when they'd be back. Gah.

The BBQ last night sucked. You had to queue for ages in the rain. No thanks. The house meeting was funny, especially the bit when they said about throwing things out of your window. I know House Prez Scott clocked me 'cos our faces had pretty much the same expression (he threw the lime out of my window.)

So today was Imagine Day (which as far as I can work out is just a big orientations day.) I got a free pancake breakfast and then went to the Dean's welcome. The Dean of Arts is also new here so that was cool. The Faculty of Arts colour is also purple. Then I got taken to the English dept. where I got fizzy drinks and cookies. Good to see the English dept. is health conscious lol. Spoke to some Profs. who seemed to know all about the creative writing courses at UEA and were dead impressed that I was on one of them. Also met some more English people! Joe and Chris who are on exchange from UCL. We were talking about going to the pub together some time so we'll see if that happens. Then there was a pep rally which I missed because I had an appointment at the international house. Learned that if I'm ill, I should try to be ill on campus before 10pm, otherwise I have to go into the city and they will charge me for treatment and I will be able to claim back later. Drifted through the 'Main Event' - lots of people trying to get me to sign up for crap and I've got myself an appointment with RBC tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get myself a nice new bank account.

I have my first class in two hours, so this should be fun. Not. The private lives of war from 7-10pm. Ick ick ick. I can only hope that it's better than it sounds. I will try to be online as often as I can but it all depends on classes/internet connection etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment