Friday 17 September 2010

This entry is unexciting



Edit: I remembered this pic was on Facebook (it's from the day we played buddy up and it's a picture of me and my fellow Tec-ers! Do they still do those Soccer AM t-shirts? I want one if they do!) so I thought I'd make this entry mildly more interesting by including it.

Second edit: Yes, yes they do still do those t-shirts. Right here in fact, should anyone fancy sending one my way ;-)

So, today didn't get off to the best start. In my not very awake state, I thought that the comforter was Jack. I was somewhat disappointed by this. Though how he would've gotten into my room, I don't know, given that I locked my door and the window.

Things have gotten better though. One of the guys I am working with for the group presentation in the private lives of war turns out to be in my symbolism class so we sat next to each other and were discussing books. The thing that made me feel a lot better today though was lunch. I had calzone for the first time and it was amazing. It'd been described to me as like a folded over pizza. Now, this might just be UBC being weird, but what I had resembled a pasty with the filling being like spinach and ricotta cannelloni.

This evening there is a thing on how to play ultimate frisbee. I might go along. Tomorrow there is a thing called 'First Night Out' which is being run by UBC Pride so I will check that out. They mentioned a beer garden (which I learned is what we'd call a beer tent.)

I got an email today from my group leader for FrAUSh on Saturday so I'm excited about that (even though I don't have anything for the glow in the dark dance - I might take a wander to the dollar store and see if they have anything there, even if it is just a glowstick!)

I lost a sock in the wash. If anybody at UBC finds a purple sock, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment