Thursday 16 September 2010

It's ok Ezra Pound, I hate you too

So, things seem to be getting a little bit better. Signed myself up for the Vanier Vibe (Place Vanier newsletter) and Equity (promoting diversity in Vanier) so hopefully yours truly will have some of their stuff published in the Vanier Vibe. Also getting to know people in my classes (and bizarrely met someone whose parents are from Woking.)

My American poets class this morning was interesting. Not because the poems were interesting but because when I studied them in my first year they missed out something that was emphasised over here: the anti-Britishness of them. It makes sense in some respects that in a British university they wouldn't point this out but given that the man who taught me for that module has written a book on Ezra Pound, you would've thought he would've mentioned it rather than just talking about the wider European influences. It's ok. As history has taught us, Ezra Pound was a twat, and a fascist twat at that.

In other news, I had a bizarre sandwich today. The woman at the stackables counter spoke so fast and was so confusing, I ended up with a grilled wholegrain sandwich containing honey mustard, smoked tofu, pepper jack cheese, red onions and alfalfa sprouts. It was, somehow, really nice. Graham said it looked nice, so maybe it's the start of a new sandwich trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment