Saturday 16 October 2010

Giving Thanks















Well, there you have a shitload of pictures from Thanksgiving, and there's a lot I left out. I really ought to get a flickr account or something. As usual, it's in reverse chronological order, so from the top we have:

- Wilson on a highly dangerous contraption taking down the decorations.
- Jason cutting pumpkin pie.
- House president Scott at the head of the table.
- My second plate of food.
- The table set up before people came in.
- Henry putting up the decorations.
- Scott trying to get brown sugar and marshmallows to melt over the sweet potatoes.
- Casey basting Cuntfuck (Scott's name.)
- Jason checking on Bitchtits (Scott again.)
- Joey's cupcakes.
- Aisha making the cranberry sauce (which is really nice on mashed potato!)
- Martin layering the lasagne.
- Me frying the eggplant and zucchini (or aubergine and courgette as normal people call it :P)
- Martin making the bechamel sauce.
- The eggplant and zucchini as chopped by me. I knew you wouldn't believe it so I took a photo.

There are many videos. The first can be found here and the rest can be linked to from that one, as well as all my other videos.

In the end there were about 30 of us and the majority were people from Tec but we had the odd person from elsewhere. It was certainly a fun day. I kind of wish we had something like this back home. Possibly have a Thanksgiving dinner with my housemates next year. Perhaps not.

In other news, my copy of 'Paterson' finally arrived today, almost a month after I ordered it. I am not impressed.

My appointment with the Dr today went well. She commented on how well I looked and how much happier I seemed, and I am a lot happier here. I do get the odd moment but for the most part, I'm good. I will certainly miss the people I've met here when I leave. It makes me sad when I hear things from other people who're abroad about how much they're hating it. As much as it must pain Jack to admit that I was right ;-) I'm glad I went abroad single. This is just my perspective but I can see people having a tougher time than they need to abroad because of the people they've left behind, and I do wonder if in a couple years they'll look back on it and think that they wasted a really good opportunity. I don't know. I think I'm becoming more like a tree and less like grass, to borrow Sarah Garland's analogy. The wind is still buffeting me but it's swaying me less, and I'm glad of it. I'm also glad of Inigo and our typically bizarre conversations and messages. Don't worry Norwich, we'll both be back and then it'll be Frinigo time *does the MC Hammer dance*

No comments:

Post a Comment