Sunday 10 October 2010

Putting the British into British Columbia


Ha, Yahoo! answers has told me how to get stuff from the internal memory to my memory card. I no longer need worry when I forget the memory card. Good stuff. So, here we have a picture of us taken at the Brits dinner at White Spot on Thursday. There are two Canadians but we forgive them. Starting from the front left and working round we have Tess, Kyle, Ed, Tom, me, Henry, Allanah and Kai. Kyle and Kai are the Canadians and myself, Tom and Allanah are the UEA crew (sans Rebecca.) Yay!

The dinner was really nice and it was good to hang out with fellow British people. We'll have to have another meal later on in the semester. Over the course of dinner I learned that Henry's father is a lord. I've never met anyone with a title before. Despite being the youngest, Henry looks the oldest and we all got served without being ID'd. During a conversation about bad chat up lines I got into a conversation with Tom about Rammstein. I was impressed that he knew what I was referencing. Afterwards, myself, Henry and Tom decided to have a drink and a natter in Henry's room (which is over mine and across one) and on the way I stopped off at Tweedsmuir and saw Tom's room. I had a 1960s/UEA flashback.

Yesterday I'd planned to go to UBC Pride but ended up going to Mahoney's which is an 'Irish' bar on campus. I had a frozen cocktail because the price of cider was ridiculous. A pint of Strongbow was $8.75 :O I went with Martin and Ian. Ian went clubbing downtown afterwards but it was raining so we went back home instead.

In other news, I have a completed provisional travel plan. No doubt it'll end up getting changed at some point. My brother may be coming to join me on my travels so we will have to see what he wants to do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment