Friday 8 October 2010

There's word on the street that the waltz is a dance we should dance to, it's not all it's cracked up to be...


Today I learned that there was some confusion over who was in the wigs in the picture from this entry. Just to clarify, it's a picture of Jack and his friend Richard when they were still at school in Witney. It seemed appropriate to put it in seeing as I was talking about Witney. That, and it made me laugh. So for this entry I have decided to include an actual picture of me in a blonde wig. Laugh away people, laugh away...well, they do say that people are attracted to people who look like them, hence why you see separated siblings meeting later in life and falling in love.

So, last night I went to a free ballroom dancing lesson with Frances. It was so much fun and if I were here for a whole year, then I would join the club but it's too much money for me to join for the remainder of this semester. We learned a basic cha cha cha and a basic waltz. We learned the steps on our own and then found a partner to dance with for a minute or so before swapping partners. They also had members of the club exec. there who danced with us and I waltzed with one of them and he said I was an excellent follower. I don't know if he just said that to be nice though. You'd think I'd be a good dancer all things considered but as I proved in Bedford's Crypt with Shaun, I can't dance for shit. Just as well I didn't go into ice dance really, even though I think I would've enjoyed it more.

I'm meant to be going to White Spot this evening for a Brits dinner. If nothing else, it'll be good to hear a familiar accent again! I was going to write something else but it seems to have escaped me...obviously wasn't important!

No comments:

Post a Comment