Thursday 7 October 2010

I remember a time when you kissed me instead of just walking away...

Last night I had my war lit. midterm. I don't think it went very well. I knew the answers but the format of the exam confused me. We'll see how it went lol.

Yesterday was October 5th. October 5th 2009 was a good night. I went to see Witchers for the very first time and I got in for free because Jack paid for my ticket. Sadly this trend didn't continue! Not only was it my first time at a Witchers gig, but it was also my first gig at the Arts Centre in Norwich and also the first time I tried Norfolk Cider (if you haven't tried it, you really are missing out. It's also available at the Ribs of Beef.) This is all very fine and well but the bit about that night that has the most importance to me is that after the gig, Jack asked me to be his girlfriend. Ah...that doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I've been listening to Witchers and not feeling too meh over the past couple of days, so I think some progress is being made.

Anyway, through my listenings I realised that I am in love with a song. Or am I? Am I in love with the voice I hear in the background and the person I know it belongs to? Or am I in love with it because very few people have listened to it live and it makes it more special, the fact that it was played for me or the circumstances in which it was played? I don't know. What makes your favourite song? I have a favourite song. Unfortunately this song has been somewhat ruined for me after I was informed that a certain vile person in Norwich and their new squeeze have adopted it as 'their song'. Hmm. The dopey c u next Tuesdays probably don't even know what the song is about. My favourite song, for those who don't know, is 'Golden Brown' by The Stranglers. I am perfectly aware that it is a song about heroin as well as a song about a woman. The lyrics aren't what's important to me, it's the time signature. Yes, I have a love for 3/4. This probably explains many of my other favourite songs. Do all couples have a 'song'? I have had songs with people, some I haven't been in a relationship with. There's always been a reason behind why it was that song. With Jack it was 'Rock Lobster' by The B-52s because the night we first met, this song was being played. Inigo and I have a 'song' which is 'The Guns of Brixton' by The Clash because one of the first conversations we ever had was about that song. I fail to see what connection that parasite has to 'Golden Brown.' Seeing as the song has already been ruined for me, if anyone can enlighten me as to the connection, I am all ears.

EDIT: Just tried to transfer money from my TSB account to my RBC one. It says I need a sort code. I don't have one. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment