Tuesday 5 October 2010

Modestry, Honestry, and the Private Sfaere

No, I'm not drunk. Nor have I lost the ability to spell. These are genuine mistakes that my lecturer wrote on the board today. I think we should all be concerned for the education system of Canada.

So, I've been over here for exactly a month today. Which means that I have two and a bit months left living in Vanier before I am homeless. I am really tempted to record a charity-style video plea for places to stay. In the meantime, I will do it here:

PLEASE HELP! FRAN NEEDS PLACES TO STAY AND WOULD RATHER NOT BANKRUPT HERSELF IN THE PROCESS. SHE IS FULLY HOUSE TRAINED AND WILL COOK/CLEAN/GENERALLY ATTEMPT TO BE USEFUL IF SHE CAN STAY ON YOUR/YOUR FRIEND'S/YOUR RELATIVE'S FLOOR/SOFA/BED. ADOPT A FRAN INTO YOUR HOME. WE KNOW THAT THERE'S A CREDIT CRUNCH BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE, ADOPT A FRAN!!!

Ok, so that last bit was actually stolen from Creep when we were on the tube after the Sisters of Mercy gig. I'm sure the passengers on the Northern line were suitably like 'wtf?!' Anyway, that's the gist of what I want to say. Not that I can really walk up to people and say this to them. It'd be rude. As some of you may know, I have to leave my residence by noon on December 22nd and I'm not due in New Zealand until mid-February, so I have a bit of time to wander about. I sort of have a plan but this plan is getting fucked up by the fact that the entire state of Vermont seems to have nowhere cheap to stay that is easy to get to. Goddamn it. So my options, should I still remain determined to go to Vermont stand as follows:

- Pay for expensive accommodation.
- Pay for cheap accommodation but fork out for taxis everywhere.
- Be homeless.
- Couch Surf.

So, for those of you who don't know, Couch Surf is a website where people offer their couches for other randomers to stay at. It's not as dodgy as it sounds and I've only heard one bad story about it. I'm too lazy to describe the concept properly, so here is a link to their site.

Please enjoy. Also, I have messed about with the settings on this thing so that you can leave comments. Isn't that nice?

2 comments:

  1. You are so not fully house-trained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am house trained! I don't steal other peoples food and drink, I don't punch holes in doors and I don't trash the furniture! I can also cook, wash up and I know how to work a washing machine!

    ReplyDelete