Sunday 3 October 2010

The Words Don't Fit The Picture








From the top we have:

- Bad picture of me wearing my 'The Eh Team' top.
- Equally bad wearing my new jacket on top.
- A pile of the things I acquired today.
- Nelson Street.
- Leaves in the pavement.
- Quotes around the trees.
- The sign by the library.
- Robson Square.

So, today was bus day. Before I set off, I caved and bought myself a full price copy of 'Paterson' from the bookstore because my Amazon one still hasn't arrived and I'm going to find myself in pretty deep shit next week if I don't have it all read. I also bought myself a UBC duck keyring. It can be friends with the magnet. Then I set off for the city. I decided to make for the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory because a chocolate factory sounded like fun. It turned out to be a chocolate shop that I smelled before I saw it. On the way there I was handed a free Burt's bees sample which made me happy (posh cosmetics stuff as bought by my old boss.) I got to see the sweets being made in the shop, which was cool and had a sample of a smores caramel apple (smores is chocolate and marshmallow.) I decided to buy some maple syrup fudge, which is damned nice.

I wandered up and down a bit before coming to Lush, which bizarrely I saw before I smelled. I picked up some things in there and it was interesting talking to the staff as they still had some products that have been discontinued in the UK and had some I'd not seen before but on the other hand, they didn't have a lot of the new stuff I saw before I left. It's arriving next Saturday and I've been invited to join them for a Lush party lol.

I then stopped to eat my sandwich and had my first encounter with a homeless person here. They're really aggressive and intimidating, I don't like it at all. Afterwards I stuck my head into Bang On which I had heard about but had no idea where it was. It's awesome. You pick your top. You pick your design. They print it for you then and there. It was $22 I believe. I will probably go back there. I decided to get one which says 'The Eh Team' because it's funny and Canadian. I saw some very apt ones for people back home so if you want any, send me monies and tell me what you want and I can get it for you.

From there I went to Sears. They were having a sale but they also had a discount outlet floor. So I went there and got the black jacket for just over $20. The original tag says it should have been over $70. Big yay. I wandered some more but kept getting disorientated by the tourist map points. They showed where you were but didn't say which direction you were facing...I then came home and chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment